Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Theatre Porter based in Doncaster on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Job Title: Theatre Porter
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: Expected to last up to 4 weeks’
Working days and hours: 8.30 - 18.30 or 9.00-19.00, Monday - Friday
Hourly Pay Rate: £8.50 to £9.00 per hour paye plus holiday or £9.00 to £10.20 per hour umbrella
The role as a porter is an Integral part of the theatre team. This post includes transporting patients to and from the wards to the operating theatre, maintaining the high standards of cleanliness required within an operating theatre, disposing of rubbish and other general duties that occur within the department.
- Help with the transportation of patients from the wards and day surgery unit into the operating theatre. Through appropriate communication the porter can help to put
- the patient at their ease.
- Assist with the positioning of patients for surgical procedures.
- Ensure equipment is ready for use. This relates to operating tables and accessories, oxygen equipment, trolleys. Ensure that these are maintained in clean and safe working order.
- Monitor & replace oxygen cylinders as required.
- Undertake errand duties when required.
- Collect blood for transfusion when required, return when necessary and transport specimens to Labs
- Ensure all rubbish is disposed of in accordance with hospital policy.
- Clean operating theatre floors after use, and any other equipment you are asked to.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the department by assisting other porters in cleaning the rest of department as per rota.
- Undertake occasional specific cleaning duties when requested.
- Maintain security within the department.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and in line with the requirements of the post.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Manual handling experience
- Previous experience of working with the general public
- Calm under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work
- Work well in a team
- Able to motivate self and others
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changes
- Physically fit
- Ability to handle moderately heavy equipment
- Short periods of concentration is expected
Have you previously worked as a theatre porter within the NHS?
Are you physically fit and able to move heavy equipment?
Do you have an understanding of patient confidentiality?
Do you have manual handling experience?
Do you meet the criteria above?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now
Who to Contact