Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Security Officer in Nottingham on a temporary basis.
Hospital Security Officer
Travelling: You may required to work between two Hospital sites which are a 15 minute drive from each other
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: This is a temporary ongoing role with no end date specified at this stage
Working days and hours:
Monday to Sunday working 5 to 7 shifts per week 7am to 7pm (Days)
Monday to Friday hours between 6am to 8pm: £10.00 paye including Holiday Pay
Saturday: £12.73 paye including Holiday Pay
Sunday and Bank Holidays: £15.63 paye including Holiday Pay
- Standard DBS (will be completed by Your World Recruitment)
- SIA Qualification that is in date
- Stab Vest – candidate must order this and use once arrives on shift
- All online training (this will be provided by Your World Recruitment)
- Candidates to be happy on feet to work 12 hour shifts from 7am to 7pm
- Available to work Monday to Sunday
- Must be fluent in English - Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Scope and purpose of Job Description
To prevent crime; protect the well-being of all persons; ensure the safekeeping of Health Board and any other partners property and that of patients, visitors and staff.
- Ensure staff, patients and visitors are following PPE guidelines
- The Security Patrol Officer will proceed immediately to attend calls for assistance involving:
Those in fear of violence
Scenes of actual or suspected crime where personal injury is involved; and
Crime in progress
- All other calls for assistance will be dealt with in order of priority. If such enquiries cannot be addressed within one hour, the Security Patrol Officer will give an explanation for the delay to a caller.
- To respond to calls from ward staff to deal with Patients, Visitors who are being violent, abusive or disruptive, assess the situation and take the appropriate action to resolve the situation taking all relevant factors into consideration.
- To provide an escort service to members of staff moving around the hospital after dark.
- To provide an escort service for the movement of cash and valuables.
- Locate any interference to perimeter/ground floor protection as soon as possible and report.
- Provide a support service to staff who have been the victims of crime, keeping them informed of any developments in the investigation by Police or security service.
- Log all incidents of crime. All crimes reported to, or discovered by, the Security Service will be investigated by the Security Management team/or the police depending upon the circumstances.
- Initially investigate the surrounding circumstances to any suspect packages, which are discovered abandoned or placed within the complex.
- Respond to intruder alarms, inspect for signs of break-in, search for suspects, and liaise with the control room and police.
- Assist in all emergencies outside normal working hours, unless relieved by a senior manager or the night nurse practitioner.
- Check the external doors and ground floor windows of premises out of working hours to ensure they are secure.
- To respond immediately to all fire calls, taking action in line with the Health Board fire policy, to minimise risk to life and assets.
- Protect buildings, along with their contents, from fire damage by patrolling, exercising vigilance, raising the fire alarm, fighting fire and reporting fire hazards to the Fire and Safety Officer and Head of Department concerned.
Do you have experience working as a Security Officer at a Hospital?
Do you have an in date SIA Licence? Essential
Do you have your own stab vest to be worn at all times while working?
Do you have a clean DBS? Essential
Are you happy working 7am to 7pm, 12 hour shifts between Monday to Sunday 5 days a week?