Procurement Specialist (Public Sector)
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Procurement Specialist (Public Sector) in Livingstone on a temporary basis.
- Are you an experiencedProcurement Specialist?
- Do you hold a MCIPS qualification? (Ideal)
- Have you worked within a dynamic procurement environment?
- Do you have a solid understanding of the council Standing Orders and all applicable Scottish, UK and EU procurement legislation?
- Have you gained experience of electronic procurement solutions, e.g. Public Contracts Scotland, Public Contracts Scotland Tender and PECOS?
- Can you commit to working in Livingstone, Scotland for 3 months, potentially longer?
- Are you available to commence employment on 20th January 2020?
If so, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.
Your World Professional is a leading specialist recruitment agency, placing a wide range of professionals into Private Companies, Organisations, Governing bodies, start-ups and more. Our client based in Livingstone, is currently seeking an experienced Payroll/Accounts Administrator to support their financial department.
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Livingstone, Scotland
Duration: 3 months, could be extended
Starting: 20th January 2020 - March 2020
Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
Hourly Pay: £11-12 PAYE or £15-16 Umbrella DOE
Purpose of the Job
Procurement Specialists are required to support our client's category management approach to procurement, ensuring that its supplies, services and works are procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Procurement Specialists are responsible for developing category and sub-category contract strategies, leading on procurement projects, supporting the category manager in developing category plans and projects, providing procurement expertise throughout the full contract lifecycle, negotiating with and developing suppliers, analysing and acting upon spend data to achieve savings and investigating and contributing to collaborative contract opportunities.
- Assist the Corporate Procurement Manager and Category Managers in achieving procurement savings targets and objectives of the Corporate Procurement Strategy
- Contribute to the development of the category team by assisting the Category Manager through all stages of the strategic sourcing process / methodology for the specific commodities - from the market analysis to commodity profiling through to supplier negotiations and the implementation and management of contracts
- Assist the Category Managers and Corporate Procurement Manager with reporting to Elected Members.
- Assist and conduct tendering procedures, including consulting with stakeholders to develop tender specifications and establish evaluation criteria for contracts
- Ensure that tenders are managed professionally, by following the agreed Corporate Procurement Strategy objectives whilst complying with all legislative requirements and the council’s governance rules.
- Assist in the award of contracts by generating award and regret letters and providing debriefing sessions to unsuccessful suppliers in accordance with the requirements of the council’s Standing Orders, national and European legislation
- Contribute to the development and performance monitoring of new and existing suppliers and attend supplier review meetings
- Evaluate contract variations received from suppliers and propose contract variations to suppliers. Communicate successful contract variations to stakeholders
- Experience within a dynamic procurement environment
- A solid understanding of the council Standing Orders and all applicable Scottish, UK and EU procurement legislation
- The ability to develop contract specifications, analyse tenders and manage post-tender clarifications and negotiations (where appropriate)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to produce and constructively present accurate and complex reports and act as an internal and external 'ambassador’ for the Corporate Procurement Unit
- Strong presentational skills
- Experience of electronic procurement solutions, e.g. Public Contracts Scotland, Public Contracts Scotland Tender and PECOS
- Proven contract management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to anticipated problems
Ideally, you will also have:
Please apply now in order to be considered!
We are an equal opportunities employerApply Now