Payroll Assistant (Public Sector)
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Payroll Assistant (Public Sector) in Livingstone on a temporary basis.
- Are you an experienced Finance/Payroll Assistant?
- Do you have a working knowledge of council, payroll or financial procedures / processes? (Ideal)
- Have you gained experience working in a busy payroll or financial environment?
- Do you have an understanding of the Data Protection Act?
- Do you have good written skills, with excellent attention to detail?
- Are you confident using MS applications, including, excel, word and outlook and HR/Payroll databases?
- Can you commit to working in Livingstone, Scotland for 2 months, potentially longer?
- Are you available to commence employment on 20th January 2020?
If so, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.
Your World Professional is a leading specialist recruitment agency, placing a wide range of professionals into Private Companies, Organisations, Governing bodies, start-ups and more. Our client based in Livingstone, is currently seeking an experienced Payroll/Accounts Administrator to support their financial department.
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Location: Livingstone, Scotland
Duration: 2 months, could be extended
Hours: Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
Hourly Pay: £8.21 PAYE or £10 Umbrella
The post forms part of a team responsible for the update and maintenance of electronic HR and payroll records. The team operates to strict audit standards and works within pre-defined practices and procedures. The application of employees’ Condition of Service and the Statutory Regulations governing payroll is an essential part of the team’s function and the post-holder is expected to have a working knowledge in this area.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Tasks
- The accurate update of payroll related information to the HR/Payroll systems including, but not limited to, processing of new starts, leavers and changes, timesheets, and student loan deductions.
- Calculating and process sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption payments.
- Processing and reconciliation of pay runs, reviewing exception reports, checking integrity of figures and process any non BACS payments.
- Calculation of payroll advances and adjustments.
- Work with spreadsheets and other software and reporting tools.
- Investigating and resolving under/overpayments in line with council policy.
- Prepare pension documentation as required by both the local government and teachers’ pension schemes.
- Dealing with enquiries from councillors, employees and statutory bodies. Complete enquiry forms for relevant agencies within agreed timescales.
- Record and process verbal/email enquiries from the HR/Payroll helpline on a rotated basis, referring to appropriate officer as required,
- Participate as required in developmental projects to review and implement service delivery improvements.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Educated to higher level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and statutory regulations.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Conversant with Inland Revenue and DSS regulations.
- Good PC and keyboard skills.
- Previous experience of working in payroll or finance checking area
- Experience of using HR/Payroll data base CHRIS21
- Experience of local authority/public sector payroll
Please apply now in order to be considered!
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact Isha Brown on 0203 751 5791.Apply Now