Payroll Administrator (Public Sector)
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Payroll Administrator (Public Sector) in Livingstone on a temporary basis.
- Are you an experienced Payroll Adminstrator?
- Do you have a working knowledge of council, payroll or financial procedures / processes? (Ideal)
- Have you gained experience working in a busy payroll or financial environment?
- Do you have good written skills, with excellent attention to detail?
- Are you confident using MS applications, including, excel, word and outlook?
- Can you commit to working in Livingstone, Scotland for 2 months, potentially longer?
- Are you available to commence employment on 20th January 2020?
If so, I would love the opportunity to speak with you.
Your World Professional is a leading specialist recruitment agency, placing a wide range of professionals into Private Companies, Organisations, Governing bodies, start-ups and more. Our client based in Livingstone, is currently seeking an experienced Payroll/Accounts Administrator to support their financial department.
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Location: Livingstone, Scotland
Duration: 2 months, could be extended
Hours: Monday - Thusday, 08:30 - 17:00, Friday 08:30 - 16:00
Hourly Pay: £8.21 PAYE or £10 Umbrella
To undertake a range of clerical activities to provide high quality and customer focussed support to the payroll team.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Tasks
- Deal with and record as necessary, telephone, face to face and email enquiries from employees and managers
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, logging and responding where appropriate
- Provide a high-quality administrative correspondence, reports, forms, procedures and other items as required
- Input and maintain accurate records to a range of systems including databases and spreadsheets.
- Compile standard statistical / financial information undertaking simple calculations.
- Undertake photocopying and scanning duties as required, ensuring compliance with the council’s information security policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain an effective paper filing system in line with document handling procedures and to enable accurate retrieval of any required files and associated archive and destruction
- Deal with the daily administration for payroll
- Ensure that all tasks are undertaken within defined service levels / standards
- Maintain and update procedural documentation
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with employees and managers at all levels
- Good written skills, with an excellent attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Confident in the use of IT systems
- Knowledge of council or payroll or financial procedures / processes
- Experience of working in a busy payroll or financial environment
- Educated to NC Level 5 / National 5 / Skills for Work Level 5, Modern Apprentice SVQ2
Please apply now in order to be considered!
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact Isha Brown on 0203 751 5791.Apply Now