Hospital Catering Assistant
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Hospital Catering Assistant based in Hastings on a temporary basis.
Hospital Catering Assistant
Job Type: Temporary
Duration: 2 to 3 months and likely to be longer
Location: Hastings, East Sussex
Working days and hours
Monday to Saturday working the following shifts:
3 Staff to work 9am -3pm
3 Staff to work 3pm -8.30pm
Monday to Friday 6am to 8pm Rate: £9.77 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
Monday to Friday 8pm to 6am Rate: £11.00 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
Saturday Rate: £11.00 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
Sunday Rate: £13.60 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
Bank Holiday Rate: £13.60 paye inclusive of Holiday pay
The post holder will assist in providing a comprehensive catering service at a Hospital site, to Patients Staff and Visitors in line with Hygiene Legislation, Environmental Health requirements and departmental Standard Operational Procedures in all areas of the Catering Department. Provide a food service that is safe and customer focused.
• Provide a counter service to staff, patients and visitors that is customer focused in Trust restaurants and cafes with responsibility for Cash handling and Card payments at authorised pay points.
• Follow food safety legislation and complete all relevant Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points documentation.
• Be responsible for replenishing counter and food service areas, rotating in accordance with Use by and Best before dates ensuring stock is fresh and appetising.
• To be responsible for the 24-hour patient snack and discharge bag fridge daily ensuring products have 2 days shelf life on fresh products.
• Clean and refill hot drinks machines ensuring correct food products, cleaning products and cleaning cycles are used.
• Prepare and label sandwiches, salads, vegetables, fruit salad, paninis in designated controlled chilled based environment, labelling is computer based.
• Prepare patient meal trolleys for service, ensure trolleys are switched on, set up with appropriate, cutlery, crockery and serving utensils.
• Prepare trolleys for functions and hot buffets.
• Serve specialist diets for patients prepared and labelled by chefs, responding to any questions the patients may have.
• Responsible for regular floor cleaning using heavy mechanical floor scrubbing machines,
• Regular use of various hot or heavy kitchen equipment including but not limited to meat slicer, waste disposal, sandwich sealer, deep fat fryer, hot plates, jacket potato machine, coffee machines, sandwich toasters.
• Responsible for reporting any mechanical or building defects immediately to Supervisor/Line Manager.
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant within the NHS?
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant experience?
Do you have a copy of an in-date DBS?
Are you available to work Monday to Sunday 09:00 – 15:00 or 15:00 – 20:30?
Are you available immediately and meet the criteria above?