Hospital Catering Assistant
Job IntroductionSector: Healthcare Job Type: Temporary Duration: Ongoing with no end date specified Location: Reading, Berkshire Working days and hours: Monday to Friday 3.75 hours working the following shifts 6.30am to 2.30pm 8am to 4pm 10am to 6pm Pay Rate: £9.77 paye inclusive of Holiday pay Band: 2
Nature of Support Required
Minimum NVQ 2 in Cookery or City and Guilds equivalent
Basic Food Hygiene – level 2 minimum.
Relevant experience of working in the catering trade including fresh conventional cooking.
Relevant experience of working in a similar type of establishment.
Not only food production but role will also include assistance in both patient and restaurant meal service.
Diet training will be given.
- Follow food safety legislation and complete all relevant Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points documentation.
- Be responsible for replenishing counter and food service areas, rotating in accordance with Use by and Best before dates ensuring stock is fresh and appetising.
- To be responsible for the 24-hour patient snack and discharge bag fridge daily ensuring products have 2 days shelf life on fresh products.
- Clean and refill hot drinks machines ensuring correct food products, cleaning products and cleaning cycles are used.
- Prepare and label sandwiches, salads, vegetables, fruit salad, paninis in designated controlled chilled based environment, labelling is computer based.
- Prepare patient meal trolleys for service, ensure trolleys are switched on, set up with appropriate, cutlery, crockery and serving utensils.
- Prepare trolleys for functions and hot buffets.
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant within the NHS?
Do you have previous experience working as a catering assistant experience?
Are you available to work Monday to Friday 6.30am to 2.30pm, 8am to 4pm and 10am to 6pm?
Are you available immediately and meet the criteria above?