Head of Patient Safety
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Head of Patient Safety in Surrey - Woking on a temporary basis.
Head of Patient Safety
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: 3 months and likely to be longer
Working days and hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Pay Rate: £21.00-£25.00 paye per hour or £26.00-£31.00 umbrella per hour
Parking: Not free onsite
This postholder will be an expert clinician leading the patient safety and risk agenda for the organisation ensuring tangible reduction in patient harm. Delivery of the organisations Quality Strategy. The post-holder will work closely with the Director of Quality and the Associate Director of Quality and Nursing to lead the quality agenda, driving improvements to enhance the quality of services and improve the patient experience whilst embedding a culture of sharing learning and continuous improvement. Responsible for monitoring and leading reviews, identifying gaps with quality systems and processes and enabling quality improvement to flourish in order to facilitate the provision of accessible and high-quality care. Provide corporate leadership as the Head of Patient Safety and be a key member of the Quality & Governance Team
Daily duties will include:
- Work in partnership with the Director of Quality and the Medical Director to develop a
- Risk Management and Patient Safety Strategy for the organisation.
- Co-ordinate risk management activities across the organisation.
- Contribute to relevant Committees/Groups such as the Quality & Clinical Governance Committee and the Health & Safety Committee.
- Lead the organisations approaches on the management of Serious Incidents RequiringInvestigation (SIRI) ensuring contractual time frames are achieved.
- Be the Lead contact for the organisation re SIRI communications with the three CCG’s. Lead detailed analytical reviews of SIRI’s, make recommendations for organisation wide action and lead improvements and learning proactively.
- Ensure all the CCG Patient Safety information requirements are delivered at the required time as specified in the CQUIN framework.
- Ensure all Patient Safety Information and assurance processes meet the Care Quality Commission requirements.
- Lead the development and manage the organisations risk registers.
- Lead the distribution of CAS alerts and ensure the National Database is populated and kept up to date with compliance actions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Operational co-owners to be able to meet the key purposes of this role.
- Experience of working closely with clinicians and management of varying seniority
- Experience of analysing problems and identifying solutions
- Experience of presenting information to large audiences
- Ability to manage and deliver to deadlines and within resources;
- Ability to collaborate constructively with internal and external partners to create the conditions for successful partnership working;
- Experience of researching, analysing and interpreting complex information and in the use of systems, databases and other software tools
- Experience of developing training programmes and of training co-owners
- Evidence of relevant Patient Safety and Health and Safety experience Database management
Do you have experience working as a Head of Patient Safety within the NHS?
Do you have experience working as a Head of Patient Safety within the healthcare sector?
Do you have experience working as a Band 8a Head of Patient Safety?
Do you meet the criteria above and available for a temporary contract?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact the Current Jobs Team at Your World Healthcare on 020 7220 0825.Apply Now
Who to Contact