Your World Professional is currently recruiting a General Porter in Slough on a temporary basis.
My NHS client based in Slough is looking for experienced Porters to work within their busy departments
Duration: Expected to last 3 months
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm,10am to 6pm, 3pm to 9pm, 8pm to 8am, 8am to 8pm – Monday to Sunday
- Weekdays £8.21 per hour PAYE or £9.90 per hour umbrella
- Nights and Saturdays £10.70 PAYE or £12.90 Umbrella
- Sundays £13.20 PAYE or £15.90
- Help with the transportation of patients from the wards and day surgery unit into the operating theatre. Through appropriate communication the porter can help to put the patient at their ease.
- Assist with the positioning of patients for surgical procedures.
- Ensure equipment is ready for use. This relates to operating tables and accessories, oxygen equipment, trolleys. Ensure that these are maintained in clean and safe working order.
- Monitor & replace oxygen cylinders as required.
- Undertake errand duties when required.
- Collect blood for transfusion when required, return when necessary and transport specimens to Labs
- Transporting and getting ride of clinical waste
- Ensure all rubbish is disposed of in accordance with hospital policy.
- Clean operating theatre floors after use, and any other equipment you are asked to.
- Maintain the general cleanliness of the department by assisting other porters in cleaning the rest of department as per rota.
- Undertake occasional specific cleaning duties when requested.
- Maintain security within the department.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and in line with the requirements of the post.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other relevant duties as required
- The post holder will make themselves familiar with, and adhere to, at all times, the policies and procedures
- The post holder will be expected to work to any Directorate/Department objectives and standards set in order to provide an acceptable level of service.
- Health and Safety The postholder is expected to ensure a healthy and safe environment exists in the department at all times. They are expected to take reasonable care for their acts or omissions.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A DBS CHECK PRIOR TO STARTING
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact the Current Jobs Team at Your World Healthcare on 020 7220 0825.Apply Now