Estates Capital Project Manager
Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Estates Capital Project Manager in Swindon on a temporary basis.
We need a template for this!
Estates Capital Project Manager
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last up to end of March 2023
£23.40-£26.40 paye per hour
£26.20-£29.60 paye inclusive of holiday pay
£29.80-£33.70 umbrella per hour
Depending on skill, experience and qualifications
Working Days and Hours: 37.5 hours, Full Time, 9am to 5pm
The post holder will be responsible for a number of small and medium construction projects, ensuring the Trust’s requirements are delivered to agreed quality, cost & time parameters.
- To manage approved capital budgets ensuring that expenditure is delivered within budget, by reviewing & analysing technical & complex information and negotiating with suppliers and contractors to ensure maximum value.
- To support the Director of Estates & Facilities in ensuring the Trust has a robust Estates Strategy which supports the delivery of strategic and operational objectives, underpinned by an Estates Transformation Programme which will help the Trust meet its financial objectives over the next five years and beyond.
- To identify new estates & facilities opportunities to improve value for money and our position against relevant benchmarking information.
- Ensure that THC/FM Co and Trust teams are compliant both with statute and with the contract, taking advice and support from the Head of Estates & Facilities as necessary. Supporting the managers of Estates & Facilities on projects where they are taking the lead
- Ensuring effective working between Trust staff and THC/FM Co on estates matters, in particular through monitoring the functioning of the contract.
- Provide information for Trust staff and Trust Board on the functioning of the community and PFI contracts, ensure appropriate audit programmes are in place and that any issues which are not resolved locally are highlighted.
- To support the Trust in its annual data returns (e.g. ERIC) and annual Board Reports
- Manage a number of projects of varying size and complexity ensuring full compliance with all relevant statutory requirements, policies and Good Practice guidelines. These projects may be delivered directly for the Trust or through our PFI Provider.
- Where appropriate, obtain fee bids, appoint and brief external professional consultants and multi-disciplinary design teams. Ensure that the performance of these consultants is monitored and that critical information (e.g. policy, guidance and legislative documents) is fully understood and incorporated into the project.
- Where appropriate, develop specifications, tender work, appoint and brief external contractors.
- Manage and / or co-ordinate the work of external consultants and contractors to ensure that specific projects are delivered to agreed quality, time and cost targets.
- Ensure patient / client / service user consultation and involvement in the briefing and design process.
- Ensure that the agreed procedures are adhered to for Tendering, Appointment of consultants / contractors, Production of contract documentation, and Controlling contracts
- Ensure sound financial management procedures are in place for all schemes within area of control, and deliver projects within their cost limits.
- Ensure that a fully documented audit trail is produced for each project in accordance with Trust Procedures and Policies.
- Ensure that proper liaison is undertaken with all relevant specialist functions, e.g., Infection Control, Safety Advisor and other stakeholders.
- For each Project, ensure that good communication channels exist between the clinical teams, the operational management teams, the contractor, the Trust’s PFI provider and the Estates and Facilities Management Directorate
- Ensure appropriate Project Evaluations are undertaken both during the design process and at completion, to identify value for money and customer satisfaction levels
- Provide information so that the Head of Estates & Facilities and Director of EFM can set budgets, including delivering savings plans as required
- Work with EFM colleagues and THC/FM Co to identify and deliver savings plans and efficiencies
- Provide accurate and timely budgetary and management information.
- Ensure that the Director of EFM and Trust Board are made aware of any changes to legislation or national/local guidance relating to estates matters
- Preparation of agreed proposals, assisting with production of business plans, Board papers and service reviews.
- Maintain records of audits, patient/staff feedback and training. Liaise with PALS & wards.
- Maintain close liaison with the users of the Services, to ensure awareness of changes in practice, to enable those changes to be incorporated into work schedules & service specifications.
- Liaise with Infection Control Officers, Environmental Health, the Environment Agency and the Health & Safety Executive as required.
- To manage effectively such people as are responsible to the post holder (see structure chart).
- To ensure the appropriate development of staff within the Department utilising such systems and facilities as are available within the Trust.
- Educated to degree level or relevant experience.
- PRINCE2 or similar
- Extensive experience in project and programme management
- Experience of managing contracts including feasibility studies, service design, procurement, tender analysis and post contract administration.
- Experience of planning and managing budgets and audit programmes
- Evidence of ability to plan, prioritise and work with limited supervision
- Evidence of strategic planning
- Flexible approach to work and problem solving
- Diplomatic in difficult situations
- Strategic thinker, able to scan the environment and use this information to develop Trust strategies and business plans
- Partnership worker – able to link with other organisations to enable joint plans to deliver mutual objectives
Do you have experience working as an Estates Capital Project Manager in the NHS?
Do you have experience working as an Estates Capital Project Manager?
Do you have experience of project principles techniques and tools such as Prince 2 and Managing Successful Projects?
Are you looking for temporary work?
Do you meet the criteria above and available to start immediately?
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact the Current Jobs Team at Your World Healthcare on 02037515840Apply Now