Your World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Domestic Cleaner based in Dorchester on a contract basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Job Title: Domestic Cleaner
Location: Dorchester, Dorset
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of temporary role: This is a temporary role for at least 4 weeks and maybe longer
Start date: Asap
Working days and hours:
Monday to Friday - 8am to 2pm
Monday to Friday – 10am to 5pm
Saturday and Sunday (8 hours a day with 1-hour lunch)
Monday to Friday Rate: £8.50 paye or £10.00 umbrella per hour
Saturday Rate: £11.00 Paye or £12.65 Umbrella per hour and Sunday Rate: £13.60 Paye or £15.64 Umbrell
To work as part of a team in maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the Hospital to the required standard of the Housekeeping Department and the Trust and to ensure the maintenance of the required level of linen in the wards and departments throughout the hospital.
- Daily cleaning of wards, offices, and public areas.
- Specialised cleaning of theatres and infected areas as requested.
- Floor care maintenance.
- Store cupboards and equipment are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure the correct colour coding procedures are adhered to in order to prevent cross infection.
- Ensure refuse and clinical waste are placed in correct sack holders according to the bagging policy and are securely tied and labelled if required.
- To adhere to the cleaning schedules displayed for each area and instructions to depart from these schedules will only be given in the interest of patient care.
- To ensure correct receipt of clean linen and staff uniforms.
- Ensuring top up levels of clean linen are maintained for the activity of wards and departments.
- Laundering of patients personal clothing when required.
- Receipt of complaints re Laundry service from wards and departments are communicated to a Housekeeping Supervisor.
- To liaise with the Laundry Service provider about temporary changes to the required linen amounts and about items of lost property which may have been mixed in with returned linen in error.
- Achieve a high standard of personal hygiene and to maintain a smart appearance at all times by wearing the appropriate uniform/protective clothing provided and sensible closed in foot wear.
Skills and Knowledge
- Evidence of working in a NHS environment.
- Evidence of Health & Safety, COSHH and Infection Control Regulations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality.
- Competent to operate cleaning equipment.
Do you have previous experience working as a cleaner within the NHS?
Do you have previous experience working as a cleaner experience?
Do you have a copy of an in-date DBS?
Are you available immediately and meet the criteria above?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now
Who to Contact