Desktop Support Technician
Job IntroductionYour World Healthcare is currently recruiting a Desktop Support Technician based in Norwich on a temporary basis.
Your World Healthcare is a leading specialist healthcare recruitment agency, placing a range of healthcare professionals including Non-Clinical and Clinical positions.
Desktop Support Technician
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich
You may be expected to travel in the Norwich area, if you are a car owner drive this would be advantageous
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last up to three months with possible extension
Proposed start date:
£12.00 to £15.00 paye per hour
£13.00 to £16.00 paye inclusive of Holiday Pay
£14.00 to £17.00 umbrella per hour
Depending on skill and experience
Working Days and Hours:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
The Service Desk is the single point of contact for all Technology related incidents and service requests. The goal of the Service Desk is to facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact on the Trust within agreed service levels and clinical/business priorities. The Desktop Support Team works alongside the Service Desk to provide support that cannot be performed remotely at 1st time fix or requires specialist 2nd line knowledge. In addition, team members will be required to contribute to other IT service management processes, functions and projects to ensure that service operation is efficient and professional.
The vision of the Service Desk and the Desktop Support team is to become a centre of excellence that provides IT support and services that are business aligned, performance driven, customer focused and adhering to industry best practice. The team is to embrace the Trust values and to demonstrate these in their day-to-day work, making a difference in everything that they do – “Transforming Care Through Technology…”
The Desktop Support Technician role will include:
- Being part of the Desktop Support Team
- Incident and Service request Management
- Technical 2nd line remote support of a wide range of hardware and software technologies.
- Desktop Support at all NSFT sites across Norfolk and Suffolk
- Service request fulfilment, including office moves
- Proactive monitoring of ICT Systems
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Installation/decommissioning of desktop hardware and software
- 1st level support of NSFT Clinical and Business Systems
- Knowledge Management
- Problem Management
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Achieve targets set in the Service Level Agreement and KPIs
- Project and operational support, as and when required.
- Active contribution to the Continual Service Improvement Plan
- Providing Major incident management cover in absence of Service Desk Team Leader
- ITIL4 or ITILv3 Foundation,
- Microsoft Certification MCITP/MCSA Windows 10
- Experience of Support of hardware/software issues within desktop environment.
- Sound knowledge of basic networking principles,
- Experience of using Active Directory and SCCM
Do you have experience working as a Desktop Support Technician in the NHS?
Do you have experience working as a Desktop Support Technician in the healthcare sector?
Do you have experience working as a Desktop Support Technician?
Are you looking for temporary work?
Do you meet the criteria above and available to start immediately?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, contact the Non-Clinical Recruitment team at Your World Healthcare on 0207 220 0814.Apply Now
Who to Contact