Your World Professional is currently recruiting a Hospital Housekeeper in East Sussex on a contract basis.
Our client is looking for a Hospital Discharge Programme Manager to work across the East Sussex location.
Please note, for any candidates applying they must meet the criteria that is written in the JD below as essential.
Hospital Discharge Programme Manager
Location: Across East Sussex
Job Type: Temporary
Duration of booking: Expected to last up to three months with possible extension
Proposed start date: ASAP
£27.00 - £31.50 paye per hour
£30.00 - £35.50 paye inclusive of holiday pay per hour
£34.00 - £40.00 umbrella per hour
All rates are dependant of skill and experience
Working Days and Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm , 37.5 hours, Full Time
Hybrid: Not Specified
Travel: As this is a multi-site role, travel would be required.
Health and social care system partners have developed a programme of work designed to transform community services across health and social care that supports patient discharge from hospital to the community and wider system flow; the Hospital Discharge Programme. The aim of the role is to deliver the transformation programme already agreed amongst system partners, which includes delivering a Home First model, further building trusted assessment models, and greater alignment of services. The complexity of this programme requires a programme management function to plan, co-ordinate and support the delivery of actions across several stakeholders. This role will work across Health and Social Care services, the wider voluntary and community sector and other key partners
- Deliver expert Programme Management leadership to the programme including the further development of and implementation of our Hospital Discharge Programme incorporating our transition to our agreed future discharge model.
- Act as a critical friend to proactively monitor and support the output of team’s programme to enable effective delivery of agreed objectives
- Lead the implementation of the phases of the transformation programme, to include Discharge to Assess (D2A), Trusted assessor model, front and back door services, support the training, and cultural changes required
- Maintain excellent communication between all stakeholders and collate feedback and input to ensure transformation programme design reflects the needs and process agreed
- The development of effective relationships with managers and key stakeholders in the business area across and outside of the organisation. This will include the negotiation of solutions to deliver objectives with a range of internal and external partners
- Responsible for identifying and managing issues, risks and identifying mitigations to ensure the programme delivers its objectives within the required timeframes.
- Provide timely reporting to system partners to support the delivery of progress against agreed programme milestones. And where necessary, is the basis for escalation.
- Support the Associate Director of Commissioning and Partnerships – NHS Sussex; the Chief Operating Officer – the Assistant Director (Operations) Adult Social Care & Health - East Sussex County Council; and the Area Director - Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust in the production of assurance reports to internal and external audiences.
- Ensure governance principles are applied to all projects, leading project reviews and analysis and providing detailed updates and assurance against the planned and forecast position
- Produce project highlight reports and other project documentation to agreed quality standards and in accordance with agreed project management tools and templates
- Ensure changes are raised in accordance with change management processes
- Lead the identification of benefits and ensure plans for benefit realisation are agreed with Programme Boards
- Ensure all programmes follow agreed standards for programme control
- Lead programme progress and performance reviews, ensuring lessons are captured and shared with similar programmes elsewhere
- Assist with the scheduling of resources within programmes
- Ensure the identification and management of interdependencies
- Support the system in the continuous improvement of Project and Programme management processes within the team.
- Deliver training within a programme environment
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master’s level equivalent
- Comprehensive experience of project principles techniques and tools such as Prince 2 and Managing Successful Projects
- Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy and appreciate the implications of this on engagement. Experience and/or knowledge of integrated services, system flow and hospital discharge to aid the commissioning function.
- Should have an appreciation of the relationship between the NHS England, individual provider and commissioning organisations; alongside the relationship with partners beyond the NHS - Adult Social Care, the voluntary and community sector and role of local authorities
- Demonstrated experience of co-ordinating projects in complex and challenging environments
- Understanding Public Sector, across health and social care
- Demonstrable experience of working in Health Environment
- Must be able to prioritise own work effectively and be able to direct activities of others.
- Must be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
- Negotiate on difficult and controversial issues including performance and change.
- Problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Ability to analyse complex facts and situations and develop a range of options
- Knowledge of Financial Systems e.g. monitoring budget management, processing invoices and procurement
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Experience of setting up and implementing internal processes and procedures.
- Used to working in a busy environment
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to cope with uncertainty and change
- Willing to engage with and learn from peers, other professionals and colleagues in the desire to provide or support the most appropriate interventions
- Professional calm and efficient manner
- Effective organiser, influencer and networker
- Demonstrates a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference by focusing on goals
Do you have experience working as a Hospital Discharge Programme Manager in the NHS?
Do you have experience working as a Hospital Discharge Programme Manager within Healthcare?
Do you have experience of project principles techniques and tools such as Prince 2 and Managing Successful Projects?
Are you looking for temporary work?
Do you meet the criteria above and available to start immediately?
We are an equal opportunities employer
To discuss this opportunity in more detail, Apply Now, or contact the Current Jobs Team at Your World Healthcare on 02037515840Apply Now